1. Create an LOJE with a fund agreement, directing the Foundation to send the annual income from your endowment fund to the Calgary Jewish Federation.
2. Arrange to capitalize your fund, either in the present or by a will bequest, using
- Gift of Cash or Assets – An outright gift of cash or appreciated assets including stocks, bonds or mutual funds. You will receive a tax receipt in the year of donation.
- A bequest in your will that will provide tax benefits to your estate.
- A gift of life insurance. Create a fund agreement that directs the annual income of your endowment to support your LOJE and name the Jewish Community Foundation of Calgary as owner and beneficiary of a life insurance policy is a cost effective way to create a LOJE. You will receive a charitable donation receipt for the amount of the annual premium.
- An RRSP or a RRIF, in whole or in part, can be transferred to create a Lion of Judah Endowment, reducing the tax burden on your estate.
Other funding vehicles are also possible. JCFC is available to meet with you and with your financial and estate planners to discuss the means best suited to meeting your philanthropic goals.